Part of our mission statement is to share our data with anyone who wants it, for free. This page lists all our timetables, and stop place data dumps which are updated daily. All data dumps have permanent URL's and come as NeTEx or GTFS datasets. NeTEx is the official format for public transport data in Norway and is the most complete in terms of available data. GTFS is a downstream format with only a limited subset of the total data, but we generate datasets for it anyway since GTFS can be easier to use and has a wider distribution among international public transport solutions. GTFS sets come in "extended" and "basic"versions.
Please be aware that certain information, important to journey planning, may be lacking in the GTFS files. This is, in particular, true for text-based information, which is not supported by GTFS.
AuthenticationCategory: National journey planning. License: NLOD
The stops referred to are defined in the national stop registry. It's possible to log in with the "guest"/"guest"-account to view the content or use the geocoder, or NeTEx dump to extract what you may be looking for.
The stop identifiers are unique across all the datasets. Regardless of the data source.
The richness of the data depends on the source data from the respective county or operator. All parties are required to submit their data in the NeTEx format, in accordance with the Norwegian NeTEX profile, but unfortunately, we're not there yet.
NeTEx and Norwegian profile.
NeTEx (Network and Timetable Exchange) is an XML-based format for sharing public transport data. It is a CEN-standard and is slated to become an EU standard for national datasets.
- Read about NeTEx (external)
- Norwegian NeTEx profile defines all the elements, and when and how to use them.
- White papers (external)
- XSD XML Schema (external)
Time table data (continuosly updated)
- [GTFS] [GTFS basic]* [NeTEx] Entire Norway
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Østfold (Østfold kollektivtrafikk)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Akershus & Oslo (Ruter)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Hedmark (Hedmark Trafikk)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Oppland (Opplandstrafikk)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Buskerud (Brakar)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Vestfold (VKT)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Telemark (Farte)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Aust- og Vest-Agder (AKT)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Rogaland (Kolumbus)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Hordaland (Skyss)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Sogn og Fjordane (Kringom)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Møre og Romsdal (Fram)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Trøndelag (AtB) – Parts of northern Trøndelag missing.
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Trønderbilene – active provider until august 10, then included with AtB data.
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Nordland (Nordland fylkeskommune)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Troms (Troms fylkestrafikk)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Finnmark (Snelandia)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] NSB
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Gjøvikbanen
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Go Fjords
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Flytoget
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Flåmsbana
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Tourist rails (Tertitten, Setesdalsbanen, Thamshavnbanen, Krøderbanen, Gamle Vossebanen)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] NOR-WAY Bussekspress
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Nettbuss express lines (Nettbuss Travel)
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Norgesbuss Ekspress
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Agder Flyekspress
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Unibuss
- [GTFS] [NeTEx] Innenriks flydata (Avinor)
* GTFS basic does not use extended route types.
Stops and Quays
Complete sets for Norway are nightly updated
- [NeTEx] Entire Norway (Current stops) - Latest valid version of all country stops
- [NeTEx] Entire Norway (Current + future stops) - Current+ future versions of all country stops
- [NeTEx] Entire Norway (All stop versions, incl. outdated ones) - Current, future and outdated versions of all country stops
Per region – Current stops
- [NeTEx] Agder (east and west)
- [NeTEx] Trøndelag
- [NeTEx] Buskerud
- [NeTEx] Finnmark
- [NeTEx] Hedmark
- [NeTEx] Rogaland
- [NeTEx] Møre og Romsdal
- [NeTEx] Nordland
- [NeTEx] Oppland
- [NeTEx] Oslo og Akershus
- [NeTEx] Sogn og Fjordane
- [NeTEx] Hordaland
- [NeTEx] Telemark
- [NeTEx] Troms
- [NeTEx] Vestfold
- [NeTEx] Østfold
- [NeTEx] Jernbanestasjoner (Entire Norway)
NeTEx status from providers
Map colour indicates the implementation status towards the Norwegian NeTEx profile.
- Red - no implementation, test feed not sent to Entur
- Orange - started implementation, test feed sent to Entur
- Light green - NeTEx with same content as lesser formats.
- Dark green - NeTEx with more content than lesser formats